Wightman & Associates applies their specialized services and unique capabilities to a wide variety of projects. Our clients and teaming partners include:
Wightman & Associates enjoys a long-term relationship with FEMA has supported the organizational development and training of the Hazard Mitigation (HM) Cadre for many years.
Hazard Mitigation Cadre Management and Disaster Operations
Hazard Mitigation Course Development
- W&A teams with FEMA in the development, revision, and instruction of training for the Hazard Mitigation incident workforce cadre.
- We conduct training for the HM Cadre workforce throughout the FEMA Regions, at EMI, the Center for Domestic Preparedness, and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers and have provided surge training in multiple disaster operations.
- We led teams of Hazard Mitigation disaster workforce practitioners to develop the original Hazard Mitigation Field Operations Guide, and have implemented similar cooperative processes through three revisions to ensure it remains current.
FEMA Resource Management Support
- Wightman & Associates supported the National Preparedness Directorate in two major efforts focused on meeting the National Preparedness Goal.
FEMA Human Resources
Wightman & Associates collaborated in the development and revision of training for the Human Resources (HR) Unit Leader position in the HR Unit of the Finance/Administration section.
- This training provides knowledge of HR procedures, policies, and regulations necessary for carrying out HR Unit Leader requirements, and for leading and managing the HR function in the disaster.
Operations Curriculum Branch
Wightman & Associates has been engaged in revising and developing FAA Flight Safety Officer training, providing the knowledge and skills to effectively oversee flight safety programs.
Environmental Health Training
Wightman & Associates supports the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, the National Environmental Health Association, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), designing and developing curriculum to prepare Environmental Health Responders to assist in disaster areas. Curriculum includes two levels of training offered in a blended learning format; a self-paced web-based course, and in a simulated disaster environment, with instructor-support.
Toxicologic Outbreak Investigation Training Course
In conjunction with the CDC, W&A is creating an international and domestic training course on environmental epidemiology and outbreaks of diseases caused by toxic exposures. This course is developed in a blended learning format to meet the needs of a diverse population of learners.
Wightman & Associates acts as a consultant to CCUSA as they review their disaster operations capabilities and develop recommendations to improve the program for the future.
Wightman & Associates is supporting the Natural Hazard Mitigation Association (NHMA) in developing a 16-module Disaster Risk Reduction Ambassador Curriculum. This curriculum is intended to build the confidence and capacity of community leaders (DRR Ambassadors) as they engage with their local communities in promoting disaster risk reduction.